Wine and Smatch

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at
Mon Mar 3 16:52:51 CST 2003

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 11:03:07AM -0800, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at> writes:
> > It includes also a table with the bugs found by the smatch scripts. I
> > could need a hand with the bugs (status BUG, UKNOWN) cause I don't know
> > how to fix them correctly (and for some locking BUG's i am not sure that
> > they are real bugs).
> The ones in gdiobj.c and win.c are not bugs, the functions are
> supposed to return with the lock held. There should be a matching
> GDI_ReleaseObj/WIN_ReleasePtr after each call though.
Thanks. So they are basicaly only "wrappers" around the locking function
and can be treated as locking functions themself. Updated
and the website acordingly.

System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at
Hauptstaetterstr. 58
D-70178 Stuttgart