Named Pipe patch

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Tue Mar 4 14:37:26 CST 2003

Hi Alexandre,

Well, we need to support :

* peeking on a message
* switching between message and byte mode at any time
* reads that stop after reading a single message from a queue even if
   there's more data
* interfacing to possibly remote named pipe ends

After reading the unix(7) man page, it seems they are close to what we
want... however I'm not sure that we can do switching between message
and byte mode properly.

Unix DGRAMS are apparently reliable and order preserving, so at least
that isn't a problem.

Mike