New conformance test for user32.dll

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Thu Mar 6 07:28:51 CST 2003

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

>Not sure where that documentation is, but it's much better to diff new
>files than to add separate attachments. The basic rules are: no
>attachments, no mime crap, no line wrapping, a single patch per
>mail. Basically if I can't do "cat raw_mail | patch -p0" it's in the
>wrong format. I'd guess that at most 20% of the submitted patches
>follow the rules :-(

I usually attach the diff, but make sure that the mime type allows it to
be displayed. I received no complaints so far from Alexander, but now
I'm not sure why.

The eventual mail has Mime crap, but as it is not encoded Alexander
should be able to do cat | patch. This also guarantees that there will
be no line wraps.

I belive this to be the best way, but people are so much against it that
I have kept my mouth shut so far in these discussions. (it's not as if I
submit too many patches lately :-( )

            Shachar

            Shachar

--