OT - Re: some ntdll functions (2) - part 1: functions

Steven Edwards Steven_Ed4153 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 12:29:43 CST 2003

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

><snip>
>
>If the ReactOS guys want to add incompatible extensions that's their
>choice; but it's a mistake IMO, and it's definitely not something we
>are going to do in Wine.

The only incompatible extension we have discussed adding was for SVG
graphics support. This idea was mainly only for applications that will
ship with ReactOS that way it would make it easyer for us to handle/edit
resources and such in our CVS. Still this is a VERY minor extention that
doesnt break anything and would be easy to work around if someone wanted
to ship a Windows and ReactOS version of the app. This was something I
meant to about on wine-devel anyway as wrc resource format is not normal
binary anyway. If there was a way we could get all of the resources in
to SVG and maybe convert them to normal bitmaps at compile time it might
make sharing resources easyer. I dont know that much about the format
but from what I have seen it makes making changes to the image as easyer
then if it was a XPM.

Thanks
Steven