err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,,

Gert Bartho gbartho at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 8 03:56:37 CST 2003

Dear All,
  I am not sure whether I have picked the correct mailing-list for my
question, please let me know.  Okay, yesterday I installed Wine (Wine
20030219) on my Linux Box (RH8.0).  I would like to run the Windows programs
without Windows partition, which I do not have by the way.  First I
installed Microsoft Bookshelf (British Reference Collection), and that went
almost straight out of the box.

However, another programs almost works -- I hope.  After placing the correct
DLL's in the program's directory, I stumbled upon the following message
(screen output):
---------------------------------------
[gb at localhost vandale]$ wine VDEN32.exe
fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window height -335345751
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window height -335345751
fixme:winspool:OpenPrinterW (printerName: NULL, pDefault (nil) Ret: False
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,,
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,,
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,,
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,,
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,,
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,,
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,,
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,,
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,,
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,,
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,,
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000096 flags 0 addr
0x40e3278f
Terminated
(Note I deleted a couple of the 'err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for ,,'
lines to save space.

Does anyone have a suggestion?  I have searched with google for all the
errors, but I could not find anything substantial that helped me.

I would be very pleased if someone could point me in the right direction.
          Best wishes
                 Gerard