pthreads and mono

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Mon Mar 10 12:00:51 CST 2003

Mike Hearn <m.hearn at> writes:

> I'd just like to double check - will Alexandres new threading work allow
> Wine to be linked into a program that uses pthreads ok? In particular,
> the Mono guys are wondering... they were thinking of shipping a modified
> libwine and all kinds of things that sound bad, so it'd be good to know
> whether the NPTL implemention sorts this out

No, it won't make much difference. We are currently providing pthreads
wrappers in Wine, and we'll need to do basically the same thing for
NPTL. So if the current wrappers don't work for Mono the new ones
probably won't do much better; we need to find a proper fix for that
problem regardless of the underlying thread implementation.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at