New winsock maintainer needed

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at Fujitsu-Siemens.com
Tue Mar 11 02:47:37 CST 2003

Hi everybody,

I am sorry to announce that I won't be able to continue as wine's
winsock maintainer. I will be lacking the time and power to fulfill a
maintainer's duties appropriately. I guess I have already failed to do
so in the last 2 months.

There have been few bug reports lately, so the code isn't completely
broken for my successor, I hope. On the other hand, I would have liked
to clean up some other things like the select() call and the transport
provider interface. The fact that I didn't have the time to get going on
these also shows that I'd better hand this off to someone else.

I'll be coming back here, and perhaps I'll have more time for
contributions some time in the future. In any case, I'll be available
for questions or complaints about the winsock code under this email
address and under my private email, mwilck at freenet.de. I have certainly
not lost interest in Wine, Linux, and Free Software.

Working with you guys has definitely been great fun and I have learned
more than in years before.

See you later,
Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409