Mutual Debugging Efforts

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Wed Mar 12 11:28:11 CST 2003

> I've installed Wine RPM from RH 8.0. _*Very*_ impressed with the goal,
> and the progress so far! (Red Hat seem only to offer an RPM of the
> 20020605 version, so I am hoping they'll release a newer one soon.)

Hi, that version is over half a year old. Compiling from source is a bit
harder than using RPMs, but not much. If you can keep up with CVS then
upgrading is pretty easy as well.

> Is this a reasonable place to present my findings and/or ask if others
> have encountered similar issues? The issues are application-related, but
> they often seem to be related to Wine configuration and/or anomalies
> (?bugs) so that's why I tried this mailing list first. (I can't get to a
> news feed at the moment.)

For app specific stuff, the appdb.winehq.com is probably a good place.
Given how old the copy you're using is however, I'd recommend you
upgrade. You may find your tips are obsolete :)

--
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>
QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center