Anyone working on ListView?

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Mar 13 00:54:32 CST 2003

On March 13, 2003 02:15 am, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Never mind. I thought it was calling GetItem for every item in a ListView
> to get it's position. Rather it accessing them directly.
> I was thinking to optimize this part. If we store and update these
> variables in the right places... But this gonna be a mess. Too many places
> that can change position of an item. And what if it's removed?

See? You can't really maintain it in a sane manner, I did think about it
several times. But regardless, this will get super optimized when we
properly support large numbers of items in ICON mode. I have the idea in
my head, it's just a matter of coding it... :) I just can't find the time
to do it! :(

> So far no luck here. It could be related to TreeView. For whatever reason
> ACDSee can't set proper path in TreeView. On Windows it opens up correct
> directory, even if it's a network path.

Maybe it's setting the names it gets from the TreeView, and if that is
broken, then the problem will get propagated to the listview (even if the
listview works correctly).

> Next thing: big icons. Something very screwy going on there. Looks to me
> like each icon somehow gets huge. Even with scrolls fixed, I have both
> hor&vert bars set to ridiculously big ranges.

This should be easy to trace. As you've seen, to get the scroll range we
just get the max of all the origins of all the icons...

--
Dimi.