Determining dll imports in dlls

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Mar 14 01:02:19 CST 2003

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> Am I wrong, or are you wanting to run a windows program without wine ?
> This obviously wont work.

You misunderstand me. What I'm trying to do is see how many wine.dll.so
files I can leave off the flash drive and still have the application
fully functional.
For example, I'm not using any sound/multimedia for this system, so it
would be nice to be able to delete that functionality.

I want to see what dll's my .exe file imports, and only include the
required files onto the flash drive.
At the moment, I do a full wine install and run with that (Well, I
remove all .def files, .exe.so files and strip the libs and executables
to get the size down) My current tar-gzipped wine install is down to
3.8MB linked against libc6 and a cut down Xfree 4.2.1. If I can leave
out some of the .dll.so files that never get referenced then I can get
it down smaller.

--
Brad....
  /"\