dlls/winmm/wineoss/audio.c portability breakage

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Mar 16 10:27:22 CST 2003

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
>>      int mixer;
>> +#endif
>> +
> Please don't add even more ugly ifdefs just to avoid some warnings.

How else do you suggest we/I detect those code regressions that compiler
warnings indicate?

Some may seem "cosmetic", but many of the patches I have submitted really
were related to actual problems in the code; keeping the number of
warnings to a sensible level really helps.

And I have studied every single warning in the past year or so and
contributed many portability fixes as well as fixes really affecting
GNU/Linux as well.

I really appreciate that Alexandre and most other developers care about
portability; trying to eliminate warnings is somehow part of that.

PS: Or would you prefer a dummy block

  int mixer;

instead of two #ifdefs?
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/