Open Source MFC Replacement WRT Wine?

thomas.mertes at gmx.at thomas.mertes at gmx.at
Tue Mar 18 07:19:26 CST 2003

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Francois Gouget wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Andrew Lynch wrote:
>
> > As seen on SourceForge:
> >
> > "The Open Foundation Classes (OFC) are a frameset of
> [...]
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/ofc/
> [...]
> > This project could potentially solve that problem by
> > replacing MFC with a open source/free equivalent.
> >
> > Has anyone heard anything further on this?
> >
> > Opinions? Comments? Discussion?
>
>    I went to their web site on SourceForge and AFAICS there's not much:
> nothing in CVS, no released files, no bug reports. It looks like they
> are just starting up so it is understandable. I wish them well.
>
>    If their project does take off I think we should provide them with
> the necessary support so that it compiles out of the box with Winelib.
> Then maybe some of the Wine folks could be interested in contributing
> but that's up for individual developpers to decide.
>
>    But first:
>    Show me the (at least some) code!

I looked there, and found some code (just a little bit, but at least some
code).
If you are wondering: I checked Google for "open source MFC", found this
mail and checked the link (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ofc/).
After that I could not resist replying to this mail.

I don't know, if there is developing activity going on in the OFC project.
The last check in is 5 Months ago. But I think now is the time for First
Contact (C).

Greetings
Thomas Mertes