Wine crashes and floods shell with garbage

Vilppa Salt vilppa at sunpoint.net
Tue Mar 18 19:40:56 CST 2003

>Anyone else has this problem?
>
>[mrok at mrok cdrom]# wine
setup
>[mrok at mrok cdrom]#
fixme:ntdll:MODULE_AllocModRef Trying to load second >.EXE
>file: E:AutoRun.exe
>fixme:ntdll:MODULE_AllocModRef Trying to load second .EXE file:
>E:AutoRun.exe
>fixme:ntdll:MODULE_AllocModRef Trying to load second .EXE file:
>E:AutoRun.exe
>@wine client error:0: T++¤B `BÄ@
>`BfBřýh at 3ż@#äýh at +Ŕ3ż
>@wine client error:0: T++¤B `BÄ@
>`BfBŕëh at 3ż @?@#Ěëh at +Ŕ3ż
>@wine client error:0: T++¤B `BÄ@
>`BfBČŮh at 3ż @?@#´Ůh at +Ŕ3ż
>@wine client error:0: T++¤B `BÄ@
>`BfB°Çh at 3ż @?@#Çh at +Ŕ3ż
>@wine client error:0: T++¤B `BÄ@
>`BfBµh at 3ż @?@#µh at +Ŕ3ż
>@wine client error:0: T++¤B `BÄ@
>`BfBŁh at 3ż @?@#lŁh at +Ŕ3ż
>@wine client error:0: T++¤B `BÄ@
>`BfBhh at 3ż @?@#Th at +Ŕ3ż
>@wine client error:0: T++¤B `BÄ@
>`BfBPh at 3ż @?@#<h at +Ŕ3ż
>@wine client error:0: T++¤B `BÄ@
>`BfB8mh at 3ż @?@#$mh at +Ŕ3ż
>@wine client error:0: T++¤B `BÄ@ `BfB
>[h at 3ż @?@#[h at +Ŕ3ż
>@wine client error:0: T++¤B `BÄ@
>`BfIh at 3ż @? @#ôHh at +Ŕ3ż
>
>Looks like this happens when wine tries to run another process. Any
>ideas
>how to fix it?

Yes, I've had it. When trying to run Tribes 2 PC version that happens. I also think that it is because .exe tries to launch another exe file. When running "wine SIERRAUP.EXE" the program checks for updates from a web site and then tries to launch "tribes2.exe -online" and crashes with similar symptoms. Those errors always begin with T++ and after that comes some random garbage.

No ideas how to fix it.
---
Vilppa-
Sunpoint.net ilmoittaa:

Sunpoint.net tarjoaa kaikille rekisteröityneille käyttäjilleen kuukausimaksuttoman Internet -yhteyden (pvm).
http://www.sunpoint.net/SunAds/click.htm?mode=footer&id=71&jump=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sunpoint.net