wine/loader module.c

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Mar 19 12:46:09 CST 2003

Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> I don't get this on my w2k box... the string isn't null terminated,
> but there isn't no buffer overflow either
> which windows version did you test it on ?

It's on NT4. Actually only GetModuleFileNameA has the bug,
GetModuleFileNameW works as you said. Note that before we go about
fixing that we need to check all the callers in Wine, there are many
places where we don't expect that behavior. Also the GetLongPathNameW
call won't do the right for a short buffer either.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com