notepad and commdlg problems ?

Duane Clark dclark at
Wed Mar 19 19:10:10 CST 2003

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> could you tell exactly what you are doing to get this ?
> I tried it with gnome and kde in managed mode
> and got no problem of this kind.
>>It looks to me like its your install is borken. However CVS has its
>>own problems
>>Not that bad but the last icon on the right is cut off. <frown>

I would guess the difference is that you are using a very narrow font.
Mine is much wider. As a really wild guess, it looks like perhaps the
width is being determined solely as a some multiple of a font width, and
no consideration is given for the space the icons take. With a wider
font, it comes out ok.

This stuff is all in dlls/commdlg/filedlg*, so happy hacking :-)