LockFile() and UnlockFile() are working

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Thu Mar 20 09:27:52 CST 2003

On Thursday 20 March 2003 01:25 am, Mike Hearn wrote:

> > Yeah when I saw that I let out a loud WOOHOO, My wife asked me what it
> > was about,.so I had to explain. This is BIG. It seemed to me that there
> > should have been a parade and fireworks involved with this
> > announcement. Oh well... It's still cool... Thanks Alexandre.

> For those who haven't followed this saga, what's it useful for? Getting
> database apps working, ok, anything else?

Multiuser desktop database apps such as Paradox, Access, FileMaker Pro,
DBase, Clipper, FoxPro, Visual FoxPro, etc.  And... and this is the most
important IMO of all... the thousands of internal custom business apps
built using one of these desktop database development environments.

This one fix means that all the apps I've developed for my various clients
in Visual FoxPro will now be portable to Linux.  Before this fix, I
couldn't say that.

Paul McNett - p at ulmcnett.com
Hollister, California, USA