Java in wine?

David.Goodenough at David.Goodenough at
Thu Mar 20 17:00:19 CST 2003

Have you tried the IBM JRE?

                    Mike Hearn
                    <m.hearn at signal.qi        To:     Dan Kegel <dank at>
          >                cc:     m.hearn at, Wine Devel
                    Sent by:                  <wine-devel at>
                    wine-devel-admin at w        Subject:     Re: Java in wine?
                    20/03/2003 16:50

> What version of Java does the app require?

Unfortunately 1.4

> I wonder if perhaps some older Sun JREs run better
> on Wine than hotspot does.  I haven't tried any, but
> who knows, it might be worth trying.

The 1.2 version at least starts, but apparently it's not sufficient for
this app.

<sigh> And I thought java was supposed to make stuff more portable :/

> - Dan
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at>
QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center