WineHQ Idea

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Fri Mar 21 10:51:22 CST 2003

> > See, that would be duplication. We already have news. It's WWN. Adding
> > announcements that don't get updated as often as WWN seems lame. Leave
> > that to other news sites.
>
> I beg to differ. WWN is more like a magazine. It is wandeerful, and has
> a good purpose, but that it's not for announcement. People don't wait
> a month to read the latest news, they watch TV or read the newspaper.

Um, Dimi, I am not sure what would be more clear than the
proposed 'Latest Release' box right there; that's the latest
important news.  Right below it are all of the most current
headlines, nicely organized through the power of WWN and the
very nice work of Brian.

I can't imagine what else would go in an 'announcements' box down
in the center of the page?  And who would write it?

My $0.02.

Jer