WineHQ Idea

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Fri Mar 21 11:25:24 CST 2003

> The list can go on and on. What project does NOT have such a news area?
> I would note that most of these projects also have a WWN-like publication.
> As such, as a matter of policy, I don't think I should be arguing for it,
> but the argument should be against it if we don't want it. I think it's needed.

Excuse me, but most of those sites *only* have a news feed, they
do not have both a journal and an announcements section.
Gimp and Samba are two clear examples; I haven't looked
much anywhere else.

They all have a common, high profile, source for news and
announcements.  That's exactly what WWN is.

You somehow seem to feel that our users are stupid and can't
wade through announcements that don't pertain to them.

Further, Gnome and KDE are rotten examples, because they
are really umbrella projects - they contain many sub
projects within them.  So, for example, it's useful
to capture the info regarding Evolution 1.2.3, and
Galeon 1.2.9.  We do *not* have such a constant
stream of different news sources.

Jer