Thunking?

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Mon Mar 24 06:18:10 CST 2003

Hi,

Does anybody know what could cause this error?

err:thunk:_loadthunk (commctrl.dll, Cctl1632_ThunkData16, comctl32.dll):
Unable to load 'commctrl.dll', error 2

I checked, I don't haev comctrl.dll anywhere. I'm trying to get IE6 to
work on an "out-of-the-box" Wine install, ie trying to move to a
completely WineHQ setup rather than the winehq/crossover setup I was
using before.

I was under the impression that thunking was only used for 32/16
bridging, and IE6 is a 32bit app, so I don't really understand why it's
trying to load this library using LoadLibrary16... does anybody have
some tips?

thanks -mike

--
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>