WineHQ redesign - going live soon

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Tue Mar 25 14:19:38 CST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 12:45, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> Cool -- I am quite happy with the result, even if I still have some
> small requests :) I do hope that we can do changes to it even after
> it goes live, right?

Sure, as is policy, I'll maintain the web site much the way Alexander
maintains the Wine tree. Check out the website from CVS using the
"lostwages" (I think I will keep it that name) module. Make your changes
to the local files, then do a "cvs diff > patch.diff", then email the
patch to: web-admin at winehq.com, with a subject of PATCH.

> OK. What about:
>   -- my Contributing changes I've email yesterday?

I'm ignoring them. :-) Some of them I have implemented, others I am
keeping my way for now.

>   -- I suggest we get rid of "How to Install Binary Packages" from
>      Binary Downloads, and point people to the HowTo. There's more
>      stuff to it, and that's the place to document it.

Sure. By the way, thanks goes to Frank's World for the how to. I still
think it needs more fleshing out. A patch is welcome for that page.

>   -- similarly for "how to extract a file" from Source Download.
>      It would be nice if we can add a table or something to it
>      to make it a bit more consistent

Send patches.

>   -- the biggest sore spot in the site is Bugzilla. The reason
>      is that just browsing the menu the user expects a consistent
>      behaviour (the box to the right to change), and we have that
>      with one BIG exception: Bugzilla. And it's not a small
>      exception: in a big flash, everything changes: page layout,
>      headers, color scheme. Every time I click by mistake on it,
>      I'm startled. Suggestion: create a front page that behaves
>      uniformely with the rest of the site (like we did for
>      Documentation). That will at least allow for a pleasant
>      browsing experience.

I agree here. Until I update bugzilla to the web site theme (E.T.A.
Never), a placeholder page will go in. I'll possibly copy some bug entry
help to that page as well.

--
 _  _ WebGeek/SysAdmin CodeWeavers -= http://www.codeweavers.com
| \| |_____ __ ___ __  __ _ _ _    -= http://www.dracowulf.com
| .` / -_) |  | / '  \/ _` | ' \   -= mailto:jnewman at codeweavers.com
|_|\_\___|\_/\_/|_|_|_\__,_|_||_|  -= ICQ: 1711553 Yahoo: laxdragon