Middleware regression test suites, e.g. ACE

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Tue Mar 25 16:18:42 CST 2003

On 25 Mar 2003, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> I don't see much hope of mixing the glibc C++ library with msvcrt. You
> either need to use a Windows C++ library, or use glibc.

I hear you. But that presents a problem. I guess a lot of Windows programs
use C++, and thus some of the standard library. If we are to allow them
to work with Winelib, it seems to me we to do something similar to the
msvcrt. Now that we are LGPL, why not get the GNU C++ implementation,
adapt it to work with our msvcrt, and ship it with Wine, just like we
do with msvcrt. I'm not even sure how much work that is, but would that
be acceptable as a future project?

--
Dimi.