Middleware regression test suites, e.g. ACE

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Tue Mar 25 18:43:05 CST 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at intelliware.ca> writes:

> I hear you. But that presents a problem. I guess a lot of Windows programs
> use C++, and thus some of the standard library. If we are to allow them
> to work with Winelib, it seems to me we to do something similar to the
> msvcrt. Now that we are LGPL, why not get the GNU C++ implementation,
> adapt it to work with our msvcrt, and ship it with Wine, just like we
> do with msvcrt. I'm not even sure how much work that is, but would that
> be acceptable as a future project?

I don't think we want to maintain our own version of the GNU C++
library. The right approach IMO would be to port it to Windows (if it
hasn't been done already) and submit patches back to the main libstd++
tree. Then we can tell people to build the Windows version under
Winelib.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com