Java in wine?

David.Goodenough at David.Goodenough at
Wed Mar 26 17:28:01 CST 2003

There are always at least two threads, because of the garbage collection
which runs on a separate thread.  I do not think any if the JVMs run the gc

                    Sylvain Petreolle
                    <spetreolle at yahoo        To:     Mike Hearn <m.hearn at>, Wine Devel
                    .fr>                     <wine-devel at>
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    wine-devel-admin@        Subject:     Re: Java in wine?
                    26/03/2003 17:13

youpi youpi yay !
 --- Mike Hearn <m.hearn at> a écrit :
> It seems that if WinVer is set to nt40, java runs happily (although
> not
> without issues of course).
> Uwe found it was due to threading some time ago, I think wine stores
> something at the wrong place. I still get warnings about stack
> guards,
> but they don't seem to cause issues.

even when running hello world or CUI class ? :)
> Next problem - java appears to use DirectDraw? It wipes out the
> screen
> contents in the same way QuickTime did when using DirectDraw, which
> obviously gets in the way of working with the app :)
> More debugging needed....

Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net) ICQ
No more War !

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.

Yahoo! Mail :