question about commdlg

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Wed Mar 26 14:03:35 CST 2003

I see. So basically Win2K only has one button, which gives a drop down
for switching between list/details view, whereas we have 2 buttons.

I suppose if there's an app that depends on this difference, it makes
sense to implement the drop down button, and space things out so they
are like on 2K.

One alternative would be to make the button a toggle, rather than a drop
down menu, that'd probably be easier.

I wouldn't bother doing a fully fledged Win2K dialog with the sidebar,
although it's up to you of course.