TreeView notifications fix (take 2)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Mar 27 14:46:52 CST 2003

Mike Hearn <mike at theoretic.com> writes:

> Do you mean they are created as Unicode first in Windows, or in Wine?

In Wine; since dialog templates are Unicode we always call
CreateWindowExW to avoid having to convert the template back to ASCII,
but it seems we shouldn't. I'll work on a fix.

> If you mean in Windows, then how do you go about changing the set of a
> dialog once it's been created? I'm a bit confused as to exactly what
> we're meant to do with the wndproc for a dialog anyway - set it equal to
> the dlgproc? I'm not even sure why Windows has two separate fields for
> this :(

The wndproc for a dialog is (usually) set to DefDlgProcA/W, which in
turns call the dlgproc. It's a bit confusing I agree...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com