Is it as nontrivial as it appears

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Fri Mar 28 16:01:37 CST 2003

I think this was investigated as part of the mono/wine integration
effort. See the "pthreads and mono" thread (pun fully intended ;) for
some details on that.

I think Alexandres conclusion was this:

> Is that setup modular at all? As in, could you start a program as a
> normal app, then dlopen some shlibs and call wineLibInit() for
instance
> then link against windows DLLs as needed?

No, that's not supported at the moment, and it's a bit tricky to
implement. It may happen someday but it's not really a priority right
now.

So at the moment, winelib apps have to be started using the wine loader
I believe.