NT Utilites under Wine

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu May 1 10:44:00 CDT 2003

    Josh> I have searched the news groups and haven't found anything on this
    Josh> subject yet.

    Josh> What I'm trying to do is run an NT utility called dumpel.exe under
    Josh> wine.  The utility connects to an NT/2000 Server and dumps it's
    Josh> event log to a text file.  I have some later processing I'm going
    Josh> to do with the file, but I can't get wine to run the app.  Here is
    Josh> what I run:

    Josh> wine --dll advapi32=native --dll ntdll=native -- dumpel.exe -s
    Josh> \\\\GIGDC1 - d 14 -t -f gigdc1app.txt -l application

You can't run with native ntdll. It seems that wine silently drops that
request.

    Josh> The error I get is:

    Josh> err:module:import_dll No implementation for
    Josh> NTDLL.DLL.NtAccessCheckByTypeAndAuditAlarm imported from
    Josh> C:\windows\system \ADVAPI32.DLL, setting to 0xdeadbeef

That's the normal report about an unimplemented function. As long as the
function is not accessed, it's harmless. Stubbing it out (declaring the
parameters in the spec file and write a dummy implementation) might get you
further. If the application needs the function, however the fiunction has to
be implemented.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de