With-* test in configure (was: wine and RedHat 9)

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Fri May 2 01:53:17 CDT 2003

Rob Hughes wrote:

>Here's a screen shot from a debug message. I'm assuming this uses the
>standard wine language code?
>
>On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 15:54, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
>

>>Huh ? English is the default lang for wine, it shouldnt happen.
>>Could you give a precise example ? Im using fr_FR.UTF-8 on RH9.
>>

>>>Most of the pop up dialogs are showing this, but sometimes it's only
>>>one
>>>button or the other. LANG is set to
>>>
>>>LANG=LANG="en_US.UTF-8", which is the default in RH 8 and 9.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Rob

I'm thinking of three possible explanations for this:

   1. Tracing the specific dialog Rob showed, it calls "MessageBoxA",
      which calls "MessageBoxExA" with a language identifier
      "LANG_DEFAULT". According to
      http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/windowing/dialogboxes/dialogboxreference/dialogboxfunctions/messageboxex.asp
      the langid parameter is "reserved". Can anyone confirm that there
      is any version of Windows that uses it?
   2. Even if it did what it was supposed to do, shouldn't the paramter
      at windows/msgbox.c, line 347, say
      "MAKELANG(LANG_NEUTRAL,SUBLANG_DEFAULT)" instead of "LANG_DEFAULT"?
   3. The English resource don't have "SUBLANG_DEFAULT" for something
      (does not appear to be the case in latest CVS).

Rob - what version of Wine are you using?
Also, can you please paste here the output of the command "locale"?

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant