iexplore 5.5.

Mike Hearn mike at
Sat May 3 05:25:00 CDT 2003

Hi KK,

I'm afraid it's not that simple, IE provides a lot of functionality,
it's not just the web browser control (though that is a large part of
it). IE also extends the shell system a lot for favourites, history etc
etc. Off the top of my head (got to go in a few mins, probably this list
is too short) it provides:

- BROWSEUI (internal)
- URLMON (url plugins)

and a few other things, and of course that's all COM so you have to
watch for unknown class factory fixmes.....

thanks -mike