Solaris Update Patch 02052003

Robert Lunnon bob at yarrabee.net.au
Sat May 3 05:38:02 CDT 2003

On Saturday 03 May 2003 04:06, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On Fri, 2 May 2003, Robert Lunnon wrote:
> > OOPS forgot to attach the patch here it is
>
> This pcontext() thing is very ugly:

No need to be rude... Ugly it might be but something like this is necessary
since with the signal handling fix gdb/mdb can no longer be used for
debugging. There is a need then to determine the source of any unexpected
exceptions.

> +static void pcontext ( CONTEXT *context, int trap_code, void *cr2, int
> err_code){
>
> Please do a
> 	const char *dbg_context ( CONTEXT *context );
> function which converts the context to a string, and then use directly
> TRACEs instead of pcontext. There are examples in the code on how to
> do so via the wine_dbg_sprintf() function. See ./dlls/x11drv/xvidmode.c
> around line 460, in the _CDS_flags() function.

I don't know a lot of detail about wine innards, but given you have pointed me
in the right direction I'll adjust the code next time around.  Will come with
the libaudioio patch within the next couple of weeks.

Besides its only a temporary measure until  I get around to doing a ptrace
emulation when It can go.

Bob