MSVCRT calling convention issue

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon May 5 09:20:31 CDT 2003

>>>>> "Uwe" == Uwe Bonnes <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:

>>>>> "us" == us  <us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk> writes:

    us> Thanks Uwe - I took a look, but cannot see what this actually does
    us> (nor how to use it). It appears the spec entry means we end up with
    us> an extra layer of indirection, but I really cant see how else it
    us> works!

Not really another layer of indirection. After the arguments ( which must be
constant, no varargs), a copy of the registers file is added on function
entry, so we can access them, and on exit, these register file is copied
back to the actual register. A normal return value resided in Eax.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de