New metabugs

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon May 5 22:18:47 CDT 2003

On May 5, 2003 07:01 pm, Francois Gouget wrote:
> Some patches will inevitably end up in bugzilla. So we'll need people to
> submit them to wine-devel/wine-patches but tagging the relevant bugs
> would really help tracking them.

Yeah, but if people don't know their way around Wine procedures, what are
the odds they'll tag the thing with 'patch'? If people who know these
things notice such a patch in Bugzilla, it's WAY better that they suggest
the patch be submitted to wine-patches (or submit it themselves), rather
than creating a mechanism for perpetuating a practice we don't want.

> Do you want to nuke the bugs or the wine-help component? If the former
> then it's ok to nuke that component but otherwise we'll need it.

Both. They have no business in Bugzilla.

> Well often I know a bug is in shell32, but what component should that go
> into? *That* requires a degree.

Again, maybe, but there are *many* DLLs, and there isn't such a pressing
need to add all this complexity. Just put the name of the DLL in the
subject, and search for it there. That should do for now, no?

--
Dimi.