Oleaut32 and Visual Basic 5

erwin wolff erwinwolffnl at microformatica.com
Wed May 7 07:57:15 CDT 2003

I've found a way to let VB apps run on Wine without the native
Oleaut32 DLL. If you set the Oleaut32 entry in the ~/.wine/config file
to native without the native DLL in your system dir. The visual basic 5
setup and its generated files run for a full 100% (!).

As long as you have the MSVBVM60.DLL in your sys dir. So I think it is
the combination between having a fake native dll and the the real
MSVBVM60.DLL (but still it isn't used by the vb5 setup).

It is not a shame if you haven't got the file since it even isn't
included in any standard windows installation. Anyway, grab it from
www.microsoft.com.

You should try this for yourself. I compiled wine cvs (latest) with
./configure --with-nptl so it might not work for everybody.

I think the oleaut32 entry must always be set to "native" no matter
what.

ECF Wolff   erwinwolffnl at microformatica.com