SMapLS_IP_EBP question

Gerhard W. Gruber sparhawk at gmx.at
Thu May 8 17:03:30 CDT 2003

In a DLL I looked into the exported function calls
SMapLS_IP_EBP/SUnmapLS_IP_EBP. I noticed that these functions are implemented
in wine/memory.c (if I remember correctly), but I haven't found any code in
wine that references this functions. Now I wonder why.

These functions deal with linear/segmented pointers which I suppose are used
for 32/16 Bit transition. The DLL has two implementations one for 32 and one
for 16 Bit and I assume that the 32 Bit version uses code from the 16 Bit
code. I guess that there are other DLLs where the same would be true, so I
would expect that other DLL implementations also call these functions (at
least in the original version). Since there are no calls in wine to this
functions, does this mean that this can be ignored because it is an
implementation detail? But then how is the code handled in 16Bit environment?

--
Gerhard Gruber

Für jedes menschliche Problem gibt es immer eine einfache Lösung:
Klar, einleuchtend und falsch. (Henry Louis Mencken)