NPTL auto detection

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri May 9 13:31:32 CDT 2003

Mike Hearn <mike at theoretic.com> writes:

> Oh, sorry, should have thought of this before. If it were possible to
> reliably detect NPTL breakage in the configure script, would you accept
> a patch to add this temporarily? Some of the people hitting this problem
> have very little technical knowledge, editing wineinstall , make
> distclean etc is a bit beyond them, especially if they don't know where
> to get help in the first place.

Well, you can detect the lib in use at compile time but that isn't
necessarily what will be used at run time, things like changing the
kernel or even simply setting LD_ASSUME_KERNEL differently will break
it. So I'm not convinced it's really more reliable. The real problem
IMO is that we don't have NPTL rpm packages.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com