Create a new heap in start_debugger

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon May 12 15:57:38 CDT 2003

Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> note anyway that the fix isn't perfect. for example, if an execption
> results from a corrupted heap, we may still use heap related functions
> in the exception handling code (the debugger startup is one of
> example, but is far from being the only one). For example, running with
> -debugmsg +seh is another one :-/

Yes, and of course creating a new heap is going to rely on the virtual
memory functions, which can introduce new problems.  There is simply
no way to make the in-process debugger startup fool proof, and IMO the
best approach is to keep it as simple as possible. For things like
heap corruption, you should run the process under the debugger from
the beginning.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com