seh_try_macros2-00

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri May 16 00:05:22 CDT 2003

On May 16, 2003 12:00 am, Gregory M. Turner wrote:
> nope.  'cause it's illegal to have a break/continue hanging around without
> something to break/continue out of.  But we could have to have
> "__TYPED_TRY" "__ACHEY_BREAKEY_TYPED_TRY" macros :(

Greg,

I think we're barking up the wrong tree. Vast majority of Windows apps
nowadays are C++. Of the few that are C-only, most will compile with a
C++ compiler. In other words, if we find a C++ solution for the SEH
problem, we would have covered probably more than 95% of apps. Not
perfect, but good enough.

If I understand you guys correctly, the problem should be solvable in
C++. Let's go for the low hanging fruit first, it makes good sense.

--
Dimi.