ddraw: load OpenGL at runtime

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri May 16 13:43:29 CDT 2003

Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> first, I'd like to hear more about the interest of the idea and not
> the interest of the tool.
> secondly, to me, the real benefits of those sessions wouldn't be to
> have a decent architectural document available (which we nevertheless
> don't have in lots of areas in Wine), but rather to have developpers
> share their views / ideas / planned activities on a set of subjects.
> last, I fully agree with Dimi that Alexandre participation would be
> greatly appreciated

I have nothing against having such discussions, but I think it's
important to make sure that everyone has access to them. Part of the
issue with D3D is that the design discussions are taking place on a
"private" list, so apart from the handful of people who know about
that list, nobody has any idea what's going on. I'm worried that there
would be the same problem with IRC: only people who happen to hang
around at the right time would have the information. We could of
course publish IRC logs but that's not exactly convenient to
read... So I'm not sure it would be better than the discussions we
already have on wine-devel.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com