ddraw: load OpenGL at runtime

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Fri May 16 14:33:12 CDT 2003

On 16 May 2003, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> I have nothing against having such discussions, but I think it's
> important to make sure that everyone has access to them. Part of the
> issue with D3D is that the design discussions are taking place on a
> "private" list, so apart from the handful of people who know about
> that list, nobody has any idea what's going on. I'm worried that there
> would be the same problem with IRC: only people who happen to hang
> around at the right time would have the information. We could of
> course publish IRC logs but that's not exactly convenient to
> read... So I'm not sure it would be better than the discussions we
> already have on wine-devel.

I certainly agree that wine-devel should be the main communication
medium for obvious reasons. However, the latency on the list is
rather large lately (both from an email delivery perspective, as
well as a psihological one). Having more of a conversation where
the latency is a few seconds allows for a different style of
discussion, where one can bring up small ideas that are maybe
not worth a thread on wine-devel.

The result of such a meeting should be nicely summarized and
posted on wine-devel and WineHQ.

I think we should give it a try.

--
Dimi.