ddraw: load OpenGL at runtime

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri May 16 15:22:20 CDT 2003

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 11:43:29AM -0700, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> I have nothing against having such discussions, but I think it's
> important to make sure that everyone has access to them. Part of the
> issue with D3D is that the design discussions are taking place on a
> "private" list, so apart from the handful of people who know about
> that list, nobody has any idea what's going on.

Well, one could say exactly the same about internal Codeweavers discussions
about Wine rearchitecture :-)

My main point on answering to the patch sent was mostly one about 'code
ownership' : before doing 'intrusive / big' patches, inquire to the people
which are known to work on the code if the work is not a risk of duplication
/ ....

Finally, to come back on the wine-d3d list, it was mostly something to focus
attention on, to get the stuff back going when the activity was at the
lowest and after that to do 'fine tuning' of what people are working on (ie
just firing a mail saying 'I am getting game X to work, working on feature
Y', something that would have been very boring to 'normal' wine-devel
subscribers).

Nowadays, as you may see, it works without any need to send mail on this
mailing list and as we are mostly 4 people, we rarely step on ones toes.

        Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/