xmms-winamp 0.4 vs. winex

Tom Hibbert cartel at cryptocracy.hn.org
Fri May 16 20:58:37 CDT 2003

Hi all,

I am wanting to pdate xmms-winamp (http://www.emulinks.de/xmms-winamp/)
to run with WineX CVS and gcc 3.2.
The original developer (mailto:uli at emulinks.de) tells me he made the
original source just to see if it could be done and has no interest
in keeping the project alive.

I personally would like to see xmms-winamp updated to work with
WineX CVS because we now have vertex shader support which gives
a very good chance of running MilkDrop.

So i set about firstly trying to make the current source compile
on my system. The configure script is very brain-dead so I had to
force a lot of valies. But, it still has trouble detecting
the wine libraries.

--- snip from configure
for i in "" ".dll"
do
        for j in "" -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
        do
                if gcc -o $TMPFILE $TMPFILE.c $j -lkernel32${i} 2>/dev/null >/dev/null
                then
                        echo -n found
                        LIBEXT="$i"
                        LIBPATH="$j"
                        found=1
                        test -n "$LIBPATH" && echo -n " at $LIBPATH"
                        test -n "$LIBEXT" && echo ", extension \"$LIBEXT\"" || echo ", no extension"
                        break 2
                fi
        done
done
--- end snip

In this case the script is testing that the libraries are there and linkable by compiling
a sample one liner program

int main(int argc, char** argv){}

and linking it against libkernel32.so. When I try and do this myself, I receive the following
error messages:

$ gcc -o test /tmp/xmmswinampconf.816.c  -L/usr/lib/transgaming/WineX/lib -lkernel32
/usr/lib/transgaming/WineX/lib//libntdll.so: undefined reference to `casemap_lower'
/usr/lib/transgaming/WineX/lib//libntdll.so: undefined reference to `utf8_wcstombs'
/usr/lib/transgaming/WineX/lib//libntdll.so: undefined reference to `cp_enum_table'
/usr/lib/transgaming/WineX/lib//libntdll.so: undefined reference to `wine_errno_location'
/usr/lib/transgaming/WineX/lib//libntdll.so: undefined reference to `wine_gettid'
/usr/lib/transgaming/WineX/lib//libntdll.so: undefined reference to `casemap_upper'
/usr/lib/transgaming/WineX/lib//libntdll.so: undefined reference to `utf8_mbstowcs'
/usr/lib/transgaming/WineX/lib//libntdll.so: undefined reference to `cp_mbstowcs'
/usr/lib/transgaming/WineX/lib//libntdll.so: undefined reference to `wctype_table'
/usr/lib/transgaming/WineX/lib//libntdll.so: undefined reference to `wine_h_errno_location'
/usr/lib/transgaming/WineX/lib//libntdll.so: undefined reference to `cp_wcstombs'
/usr/lib/transgaming/WineX/lib//libntdll.so: undefined reference to `cp_get_table'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

My thoughts are that kernel32 can no longer be linked in this method, can someone confirm?

Thanks,

Tom Hibbert
Work: someday          Home: +649 815 1838
Obtain my GPG Key from: http://cryptocracy.hn.org/pubkey.txt