US international keyboard layout

Gerhard W. Gruber sparhawk at gmx.at
Sat May 17 17:34:14 CDT 2003

I'm using Suse 8.0 Prof and I configured a US international keyboard. I have a
US keyboard but I need to have german umlauts as well. When I run wine then I
get the errormessage that my keyboard can't be recognized and I should include
it in x11drv/keyboard .c . Now I checked this file and I was surprised to find
this layout already there. Apparently wine can't detect my layout for some
reason but I don't know how to fix this. Any suggestions how I should proceed?

The funny thing is that the keyboard layout works properly in wine, so I get
all the Umlauts. Seems that the error message is wrong.

--
Gerhard Gruber

Für jedes menschliche Problem gibt es immer eine einfache Lösung:
Klar, einleuchtend und falsch. (Henry Louis Mencken)