Always print version on startup

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at
Sun May 18 15:34:57 CDT 2003

 --- Marcus Meissner <marcus at> a écrit :
> On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 01:42:03PM +0200, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

Uwe, what a great idea ! A borked install will be detected at the first
look in a log.

> > The recent posting about the Altere quartus installer not working
> seems to
> > be caused by an old version used. The poster shows the startup and
> > messages. If the version was printed by default, it could help
> debugging

Marcus, do you really use many windows executable with console output
and pipe it to a Unix app ?

> This will break apps checking on stdout output.

Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net) ICQ #170597259
No more War !

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.

Yahoo! Mail :