Bugzilla Upgraded

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Mon May 19 11:47:49 CDT 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

>From other reports on the list, I'm almost sure these are not comming
>from wine-harvested emails. You can easily do a wine at kegel.com. I'd
>be curious to see how much spam you get on than email alone, if you
>post it only on wine-*@winehq.org and Wine Bugzilla.

Quite a few, really. Those are not from bugzilla, however.

This is not the point, though. The original point was that the spam
robots took too much CPU from the database engine. Against that, either
require login or start with techniques such as the one I described
above. Jeremy's point is well taken, though. Putting a non-clickable
link into the template is easy. Blocking the resulting IPs from getting
to the database require bugzilla code maintanance, which is more than J
is willing to do.

Removing the emails from the database (I'm in favour, myself. I suggest
removing everything but the TLD, so my email for this list would become
wine-devel at shemesh) would solve the spam harvesting problem as far as
end users are concerned, but not as far as load on the database is
concerned.

             Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh