DSound bug in 'DuplicateSoundBuffer'

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon May 19 15:38:36 CDT 2003

Hi all,

One of my test application (which now starts to run with my latest D3D work)
fails now due to a bug in DSound.

Basically, I have this :

trace:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_DuplicateSoundBuffer (0x4040aa80,0x4861fad0,0x4199cf58)
fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_DuplicateSoundBuffer need to duplicate 3D buffer
trace:dsound:IDirectSoundBufferImpl_AddRef (0x4861fad0) ref was 2, thread is 0009
trace:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_DuplicateSoundBuffer buffer count is now 4
trace:dsound:IDirectSoundBufferImpl_SetVolume (0x40463080,0)

And, of course, it crashes as the 'DuplicateSoundBuffer' code sets this :

       (*ippdsb)->ds3db = NULL; /* FIXME? */

Now I could try to fix this, but well, DSound is not really the same than
the last time I looked at it, so I will surely do this the wrong way.

Otherwise, I may give it a shot, but do not complain later that it's not the
way it should have been done :-)

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/