load_dll problem

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue May 20 11:24:48 CDT 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> On May 19, 2003 01:21 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > Ah right, I forgot about that one. Yes this is a pain to solve; it
> > will probably require the loader to go muck about in the ELF GOT.
>
> OK, which means... :) Do we have a solution for this around the
> corner, or we have to find another workaround for the Winelib apps?

It basically means teaching ld.so about the PE format, and/or teaching
our PE loader about the ELF format.  We don't have a solution around
the corner, and we are unlikely to have one any time soon IMO. The
simplest approach is to build the Winelib app in PE format, but of
course that's not ideal...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com