TAB doesn't work for controls anymore

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Thu May 22 02:08:23 CDT 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003 19:04:05 -0600, you wrote:

> This one does the trick! Interesting enough I had the same thing in my tree. I was
> just running different apps to see if it still works before submitting the patch.
>
> Only one last question remains "What wParam is doing there? And what that other flag
> does?" When that flag is set, edit control does not react to [enter]. At the same time
> [enter] is not making it to the default button.

I would not worry too much about this. We are not trying to make
identical code as Windows, we are trying to build the functionality that
windows applications require. For all we know, such piece of code might
be a leftover from Windows 1.0, that has been left in because also
Microsoft did not know what it would break if removed.

> So I guess we'll see what's gonna break
> after this patch will make it into the CVS tree. :-)

That is the perfect chance to put undocumented functionality in: find an
application that needs it, understand what and why, think out a solution
and implement it.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes