Am I allowed to static link it?

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Fri May 23 05:52:16 CDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 11:38, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Ok, the license is everything compatible, but it is close to impossible,
> technically, to static link it!!!
>
> It's a C++ library, and it requires the entire C++ standard stuff. I've
> sent a last resort message of despair to ICU4C-SUPPORT, and am starting
> to work on FriBiDi interface.
>
>           Shachar

You shouldn't have to statically link the C++ standard library as well,
though not doing so would mean Wine suddenly becomes victim to the C++
ABI breakage which might cause issues for CodeWeavers. Why do you need
to do this?

--
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>
QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center