Agent crashes when sending article

Gerhard W. Gruber sparhawk at
Sat May 24 01:51:52 CDT 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003 07:52:17 +0200, Rein Klazes <rklazes at> wrote:

>I still cannot reproduce this.
>How far does the sending come ? (if I follow the status line I see
>"looking up news.bla.bla", "connecting to news.bla.bla", "sending
>message" and "finished sending message")

It goes all the way trhought. But maybe this makes a difference. When the
dialog appears that it couldn't sent the message, I immediately press space to
dismiss the dialog. I noticed that it didn't always crash when I used the
mouse instead. This scenario works for me almost every time (nine out of ten).
Maybe it's the timing?

>A +relay,+winsock,+seh trace between the <ALT>S and the crash would be
>my starting point here. The seh: trace messages will show when the
>exception occurs.

Can I grep this from the file? If these message are identifyable then it would
be easier for me. Otherwise I'll try it with these.

Gerhard Gruber

Für jedes menschliche Problem gibt es immer eine einfache Lösung:
Klar, einleuchtend und falsch. (Henry Louis Mencken)